Rallye Company History Peter Terian established Rallye Group in 1958 as an imported car service repair garage. Shortly joined by George Moss, they had their first franchise, Mercedes-Benz. After growing too large for their Sea Cliff facility, they moved their business to Glen Clove to expand their horizons. In the past, Rallye Motors has represented Porsche, Peugeot, Saab, DKW and the current franchises of Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Lexus, and Acura. In 1987, Rallye moved to Roslyn where they built a custom designed facility for Mercedes-Benz and BMW. In 1989, Rallye Motors wanted Lexus to join their family. Chosen from over 1,700 franchise applications in the United States, Rallye was one of 70 that were granted the opportunity to open a Lexus dealership. The facility in Glen Cove was then renovated to accommodate and represent Lexus. Rallye Lexus was officially opened in October of 1989, and has since been honored with the "Elite of Lexus" Award for more consecutive years than any other Lexus dealership in New York.
Rallye Group is the only auto group representing all four top-selling luxury brands on Long Island. Juliana Terian, wife of the late Peter Terian, is now President and CEO of Rallye, making it the largest female-owned auto dealer in the United States. Rallye is the largest luxury dealership group on Long Island and Manhattan. Rallye BMW is the number one dealer in the region, Rallye Acura is the number one dealer in sales volume and Rallye Lexus is number one in service. The future focus points for Rallye are to expand through the use of the Internet and technology, a larger qualified service department and an increase in customer convenience.