How To Clean Car Floor Mats
Car floor mats take a beating. Because they keep your vehicle protected from dirt, mud, snow, and spills on a regular basis, they will require a thorough cleaning periodically. Rallye BMW has provided simple steps to get your floor mats back to like new condition.
Before you start, it is a good idea to gather all of the supplies that you will need to get the job done:
- Rubber Floor Mats: Vacuum, rubber floor mat cleanser, stiff bristle brush, hose or bucket of water, microfiber towel or a place to hang your mats
- Carpet Floor Mats: Vacuum, carpet floor mat cleaner, brush, hose or bucket of water, wet vac if available, or a place to hang your mats
How to Clean Rubber Floor Mats
- Take the rubber floor mats out of the car to prevent any water damage to the interior of the vehicle.
- Shake out the mats.
- Use plain water to rinse the mats.
- Apply a cleanser designed for rubber mats and gently scrub with a stiff bristle brush to remove additional grime and debris.
- Once again rinse the floor mats to remove the cleaner.
- Hang up to dry or dry with a microfiber towel. The mats should be fully dry before you put them back inside of the car.
How to Clean Carpet Floor Mats
- Remove the floor mats from your vehicle.
- Use a vacuum to get rid of loose dirt on the floor mats.
- Shake and whack the floor mats against a hard surface to rid them of dust and smaller dirt particles.
- Use a cleaner designed for carpet floor mats and be sure to follow all instructions for that particular product. Instructions can vary based on the product you choose.
- Scrub the mats to get rid of ground-in debris and stains.
- Rinse the mats thoroughly.
- If you have access to a wet vac, you may want to vacuum the floor mats once again to ensure there is no dirt left behind. This can also speed up the drying process.
- Hang your mats to dry. Do not put them back into the vehicle until they are thoroughly dry.
Need Help Cleaning Your Floor Mats?
Now that you know how to clean your car floor mats, it is important to find the right supplies. Stop by the Rallye BMW service center and we can help you find what you need. Contact us today if you have any questions.
More from Rallye BMW
Westbury drivers will be pleased to learn that Rallye BMW offers a wide selection of new BMW X7 models. BMW continues its tradition of providing exceptional performance along with premium and stylish interiors that allows this SUV to be envied whether you’re commuting for work in Syosset or taking the family out in Roslyn. There are…
The 2020 BMW X3 can tow up to 4,400 pounds, no matter which trim level you choose, so if you need to haul a camper or boat around Syosset or for an adventure out of town, the X3 has your back. Explore BMW X3 towing specs and performance features that will make towing easier, and…
The 2020 BMW X5 is not only modern and sleek-looking on the outside, but it also upholds the BMW standards of luxury inside the cabin as well. Features that Syosset drivers can look forward to include the premium Harman Kardon® Surround Sound Audio System and a panoramic moonroof for a clearer view of the stars….