What’s the 2019 BMW X5 Towing Capacity?
The 2019 BMW X5 is a capable luxury crossover SUV offers a towing capacity between 6,600 and 7,200 pounds maximum for Syosset drivers. Add that to the X5 payload capacity of 1,290 to 1,349 pounds, and you’ll be able to enjoy plenty of utility in the X5. Explore BMW X5 towing and performance capabilities at Rallye BMW.
BMW X5 Tow Package
With the BMW X5 xDrive40i or X5 xDrive50i, you can opt for the BMW X5 tow package to equip your model for hauling jobs. This package includes the BMW X5 tow hitch for $550–it is a Class III trailer hitch that allows for up to 7,200 pounds towing capacity.
If you have a boat in Roslyn that you want to take to the lake, or a camper to bring onto a secluded campsite in the forest or desert, you’ll want to consider the BMW X5 Off-Road Package ($3,950) for safer towing on unpaved terrain:
- Front/Rear Underguards: Underguards offer extra protection for your X5 on the rocky or bumpy terrain around Roslyn and Jericho.
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: With this suspension system, the vehicle can raise and lower itself by 1.6 inches when traveling at low speeds.
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: With the M Sport Differential, the X5 benefits from a rear-wheel locking effect that improves control during cornering.
- Four Driving Modes: These modes select the best settings for the vehicle height, AWD system, power steering, accelerator response, automatic transmission, and more. This helps you traverse sand, rock, gravel, and snow.
BMW X5 Engine Options
The 2019 BMW X5 is offered in two trims, both with standard intelligent all-wheel drive: xDrive40i and xDrive50i. Take a look at the X5 engine specs to decide which one works best for you:
- 3.0L Twin-Turbo Inline-6: This is the standard engine for the xDrive40i. It comes paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission and generates 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque. Fuel economy is 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway.
- 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8: This upgraded engine is standard on the X5 xDrive50i trim, as well as an 8-speed automatic transmission. It produces 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque and earns 17 mpg city/22 mpg highway.
Test Drive the New X5 at Rallye BMW in Westbury!
Contact us at Rallye BMW when you are ready to experience BMW X5 performance in person, or to upgrade the X5 you already drive with the X5 tow package. Compare 2019 and 2018 BMW X5 models to find out what has changed this year, and when you’ve found a new BMW X5 to take home to Jericho, visit Rallye BMW!
Learn More at Rallye BMW
Saturday, June 8th 12 PM – 5 PM On Saturday, June 8th, Rallye BMW will be hosting its 2nd adoption event in partnership with North Shore Animal League America – the world’s largest, most comprehensive no-kill rescue and adoption organization. Come out to support this great organization with us – you might even find a…
The 2019 BMW 3 Series once again sets the standard for the segment. All new for 2019, you can still expect the dynamic driving performance the 3 Series is known for, but this updated version has been enhanced to deliver more power, agility, and excitement than ever before. Rallye BMW is delighted to share the latest…
Shopping for a 2019 BMW 5 Series in Syosset but not sure what performance options are out there? Take a look at each 5 Series engine offering and performance features to decide what trim level and specs are right for you. Then contact your local authorized BMW retailer to schedule a test drive and get…