How to Program Your BMW Key
How To Program Your BMW Key Fob?
BMW key fob programming is a simple procedure that you can take care of at home in Syosset. However, keep in mind that there are two different BMW key programming methods: one for programming a brand-new BMW key or BMW key fob replacement, and one for programming additional keys. Find out how to how to program a BMW key with our instructions below, and be sure to direct any questions about BMW technology features like sDrive vs. xDrive to our team at Rallye BMW.
New BMW Key Programming Instructions
Follow these instructions to program a new BMW key fob battery when you don’t have one that works:
- Insert the key into the ignition and turn it rapidly to position 1 and back. Do so 5 times in quick succession.
- Remove the key from the ignition.
- While holding down the unlock button, press the BMW logo 3 times.
- Release the unlock button.
- To complete the BMW key programming process, turn on the ignition.
BMW Key Fob Programming for Additional Keys
If you have a working key fob but wish to program additional keys, follow these instructions:
- Take the working key fob, along with the ones you want to program, inside the car and close all doors and windows.
- Put the working key into the ignition and turn to position 1. At this point, the dash lights and accessories should turn on.
- Turn the key back to the off position and remove it from the ignition.
- On the working key, hold down the unlock button and press the lock button (the BMW logo) 3 times, then release the unlock button. You should hear the doors lock and unlock.
- While holding down the unlock button on the working key, press the BMW logo 3 times. Then, release the unlock button.
- When you hear the doors lock and unlock once again, BMW key fob programming is complete!
Questions About How to Program a BMW Key? We Can Help!
While the BMW key programming instructions above are very basic and should work on most BMW models, programming the BMW key battery may be slightly different for select models. If you run into any issues learning how to program a BMW key, turn to the experts at Rallye BMW! We’re more than happy to assist our valued Roslyn and Jericho-area customers with the BMW key programming process.
Lost your key and need a BMW key fob replacement? How about a replacement for your dying BMW key battery? Simply stop by our parts department in Westbury! We can order a brand-new key from the OEM on the spot, or provide you with the proper BMW key fob battery replacement. We’re also happy to show you how to reset your new BMW key step-by-step. Contact our service department today to get started.
More from Rallye BMW
What colors does the 2022 BMW 4 Series come in? With 13 2022 BMW 4 Series exterior colors for Syosset drivers to choose from, you’ll have plenty of options to match the style of the BMW 4 Series to your preferences. When you factor in the nine 2022 BMW 4 Series interior colors for…
If you’re searching for a new luxury sedan to take your Westbury commute to the next level, you should climb inside the 2022 BMW 7 Series! The beautiful and spacious cabin is every bit as impressive as the exterior that’s always turning heads around Syosset. Here, Rallye BMW brings you a closer look at the…
The 2022 BMW 8 Series is turning heads all around Westbury because it’s stylish inside and out! If you’re in the market for a luxurious new car, open the doors and step inside the BMW 8 Series, and you will fall in love! From its premium interior features to its comfortable seating to its…