Checklist for Buying Used Vehicles
Shopping for a used car can seem daunting, Luckily, Rallye BMW has created a used car buying checklist to make your job a little bit easier! Whether shopping for a used BMW 3 Series or a used BMW X5, if you follow these tips you can find a pre-owned vehicle you will love for years to come.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Create a budget: Setting a budget keeps you from getting in to trouble. Consider monthly payments, as well as total cost you are will to pay. Also, value your trade to see what you can expect to get when trading in your current car.
- Prioritize features: Create a list of must-haves and would-be-nice-to-haves when looking for your next vehicle.
- Research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (i.e., sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. You can check prices online using resources like Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the important questions: Make sure you know if the car you are interested in has been in an accident, how many owners it’s had, current condition, and how many miles are on the odometer.
- Inspect the vehicle: Test out lights, windows, and electronics to make sure they are in working order. Give a thorough inspection for rust, floor damage, or signs of repair.
- Go for a test drive: When taking a test drive, don’t just go around the block. Try a test drive from Westbury to Jericho to get the feel for how the vehicle really handles. Ideally, try to get up to 60 mph to make sure you vehicle performs well at higher speeds.
- Get a vehicle history report: Get a history report from reliable sources like CARFAX or Autocheck to find out valuable vehicle information. All you need is the vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Shop at a dealership: Avoid getting scammed by that too good to be true Craigslist ad. At Rallye BMW, we offer a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which offer the additional security of a warranty.
Browse Our Used Vehicle Inventory at Rallye BMW
Latest News from Rallye BMW
Looking for something wintery to do around Long Island? We at Rallye BMW have a few suggestions. Whether you want to visit a new exhibit at the museum or you’re looking for indoor family fun, we’ve got the place for you to visit. Learn more with us at Rallye BMW today. Contact Us See a Concert at the…
Roslyn drivers looking for a used car know that mileage matters. However, it can be tricky to decide how many miles are too many miles. In the past, any car with more than 100,000 miles was considered too many miles, but that’s not the case anymore. With a brand like BMW, your next used BMW X3…
Programming the keyless entry on your BMW key fob is a simple procedure, one that most drivers in and around Syosset should find easy to do. There are 2 basic methods; one to use when you already have a working key but want to program additional keys, and the other when you’re starting from scratch…