Checklist for Buying Used Vehicles
Shopping for a used car can seem daunting, Luckily, Rallye BMW has created a used car buying checklist to make your job a little bit easier! Whether shopping for a used BMW 3 Series or a used BMW X5, if you follow these tips you can find a pre-owned vehicle you will love for years to come.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Create a budget: Setting a budget keeps you from getting in to trouble. Consider monthly payments, as well as total cost you are will to pay. Also, value your trade to see what you can expect to get when trading in your current car.
- Prioritize features: Create a list of must-haves and would-be-nice-to-haves when looking for your next vehicle.
- Research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (i.e., sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. You can check prices online using resources like Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the important questions: Make sure you know if the car you are interested in has been in an accident, how many owners it’s had, current condition, and how many miles are on the odometer.
- Inspect the vehicle: Test out lights, windows, and electronics to make sure they are in working order. Give a thorough inspection for rust, floor damage, or signs of repair.
- Go for a test drive: When taking a test drive, don’t just go around the block. Try a test drive from Westbury to Jericho to get the feel for how the vehicle really handles. Ideally, try to get up to 60 mph to make sure you vehicle performs well at higher speeds.
- Get a vehicle history report: Get a history report from reliable sources like CARFAX or Autocheck to find out valuable vehicle information. All you need is the vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Shop at a dealership: Avoid getting scammed by that too good to be true Craigslist ad. At Rallye BMW, we offer a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which offer the additional security of a warranty.
Browse Our Used Vehicle Inventory at Rallye BMW
Latest News from Rallye BMW
The 2019 BMW X5 is a capable luxury crossover SUV offers a towing capacity between 6,600 and 7,200 pounds maximum for Syosset drivers. Add that to the X5 payload capacity of 1,290 to 1,349 pounds, and you’ll be able to enjoy plenty of utility in the X5. Explore BMW X5 towing and performance capabilities at Rallye BMW. Learn More…
When it comes to buying a used vehicle, you’ll have your choice of pre-owned or Certified Pre-Owned (CPO). CPO models go through a rigorous verification process in order to earn the CPO label. Compare used vs. certified pre-owned cars in more detail below, then head to Rallye BMW near Syosset when you’re ready to buy. Used…
Shopping for a new BMW inSyosset and wondering what BMW stands for? BMW is a German acronym for Bayerische Motoren Werke, or Bavarian Motor Works in English. Explore the origins of the BMW name and more at Rallye BMW near Roslyn. Contact Us How Did BMW Get Its Name? 1913: BMW partially has roots in Rapp Motorenwerke which…