Checklist for Buying Used Vehicles
Shopping for a used car can seem daunting, Luckily, Rallye BMW has created a used car buying checklist to make your job a little bit easier! Whether shopping for a used BMW 3 Series or a used BMW X5, if you follow these tips you can find a pre-owned vehicle you will love for years to come.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Create a budget: Setting a budget keeps you from getting in to trouble. Consider monthly payments, as well as total cost you are will to pay. Also, value your trade to see what you can expect to get when trading in your current car.
- Prioritize features: Create a list of must-haves and would-be-nice-to-haves when looking for your next vehicle.
- Research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (i.e., sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. You can check prices online using resources like Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the important questions: Make sure you know if the car you are interested in has been in an accident, how many owners it’s had, current condition, and how many miles are on the odometer.
- Inspect the vehicle: Test out lights, windows, and electronics to make sure they are in working order. Give a thorough inspection for rust, floor damage, or signs of repair.
- Go for a test drive: When taking a test drive, don’t just go around the block. Try a test drive from Westbury to Jericho to get the feel for how the vehicle really handles. Ideally, try to get up to 60 mph to make sure you vehicle performs well at higher speeds.
- Get a vehicle history report: Get a history report from reliable sources like CARFAX or Autocheck to find out valuable vehicle information. All you need is the vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Shop at a dealership: Avoid getting scammed by that too good to be true Craigslist ad. At Rallye BMW, we offer a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which offer the additional security of a warranty.
Browse Our Used Vehicle Inventory at Rallye BMW
Latest News from Rallye BMW
Earth Day (April 22) is fast-approaching! If you’ve been brainstorming ways to be kinder to the environment, “using less fuel” may have made it onto your list. Rallye BMW has just the solution! Our new BMW inventory houses a variety of hybrid and electric vehicles that’ll help you slash gas prices in style. You’ll enjoy the…
Westbury drivers will be pleased to learn that Rallye BMW offers a wide selection of new BMW X7 models. BMW continues its tradition of providing exceptional performance along with premium and stylish interiors that allows this SUV to be envied whether you’re commuting for work in Syosset or taking the family out in Roslyn. There are…
The 2020 BMW X3 can tow up to 4,400 pounds, no matter which trim level you choose, so if you need to haul a camper or boat around Syosset or for an adventure out of town, the X3 has your back. Explore BMW X3 towing specs and performance features that will make towing easier, and…