Buying New vs. Buying Certified Pre-Owned
You might think the only difference between a certified pre-owned vehicle (CPO) and a new vehicle is the price. But the truth is, there is much more that separates these two. CPO vehicles tend to be recent, but not necessarily the newest, models. Furthermore, they will have much less mileage on them then your average used car. They are, in a sense, a better version of a used car, somewhere between used and new. So, if you’re thinking of buying a CPO vehicle, just what type of things should you keep in mind?
Be aware of the following:
- Cost and Value
- Trim and Feature Variation
- Technology Specs
- Dependability and Reliability
Below, we’ll discuss differences between the two to help you better decide what’s best for you.
What to Expect When Buying a CPO Vehicle
If you’re looking for a car that is in great condition while still being affordable, think about going for a certified pre-owned vehicle. With a CPO vehicle, you won’t have to worry about the depreciation as much, which in turn allows you to find more top-tier trim levels for less than the cost of a new base trim of the same model.
Additional benefits to keep in mind include:
- Assortment: Unlike new vehicles, which offer a limited selection sometimes, CPO vehicles give you a much broader range of models to choose from.
- Benefits: If you’re looking for some excellent incentives, BMW CPO inventory is the place to look. Get benefits like roadside assistance, to get you out of those sticky situations in Roslyn and Garden City.
- Warranty: Expect superior coverage with a CPO car, including extended powertrain warranties when compared to new vehicles.
There are some things to remember when buying a CPO car, however. What you see is what you get. Each individual CPO vehicle will be different in terms of mileage, specs, trim level, features, etc. Although you can be assured these cars are inspected with the utmost care, their basic components, like the battery, are more likely to need replacing sooner than a new car.
Buying New: Things to Remember
When buying a brand new vehicle, you can expect to have a lot less things to worry about mechanically and in terms of quality. You’ll have such benefits as:
- Confidence: Relax and remember this brand new vehicle will have parts fresh from the factory, making maintenance a problem far into the future.
- Current Tech: Unlike a CPO vehicle, you know that your new car will always have the latest and most up-to-date technology available.
- Individualization: Craft the car of your dreams by hand selecting things like features, trim level, and various color options for both interior and exterior parts.
Price and initial depreciation are where a new vehicle will lag behind a CPO vehicle.
Find Your Next Vehicle at Rallye BMW
Hopefully this quick overview of certified pre-owned BMW vehicles helped you in figuring out which route is best for you. If you still have questions after reading through this, please feel free to contact us and we’ll get you sorted out and into your car of choice in no time! You can also compare pre-owned vs. certified pre-owned pros and cons to learn more!
More From Rallye BMW
The 2020 BMW X3 can tow up to 4,400 pounds, no matter which trim level you choose, so if you need to haul a camper or boat around Syosset or for an adventure out of town, the X3 has your back. Explore BMW X3 towing specs and performance features that will make towing easier, and…
The 2020 BMW X5 is not only modern and sleek-looking on the outside, but it also upholds the BMW standards of luxury inside the cabin as well. Features that Syosset drivers can look forward to include the premium Harman Kardon® Surround Sound Audio System and a panoramic moonroof for a clearer view of the stars….
Saturday, June 8th 12 PM – 5 PM On Saturday, June 8th, Rallye BMW will be hosting its 2nd adoption event in partnership with North Shore Animal League America – the world’s largest, most comprehensive no-kill rescue and adoption organization. Come out to support this great organization with us – you might even find a…