What Does BMW Stand For?
Shopping for a new BMW inSyosset and wondering what BMW stands for? BMW is a German acronym for Bayerische Motoren Werke, or Bavarian Motor Works in English. Explore the origins of the BMW name and more at Rallye BMW near Roslyn.
How Did BMW Get Its Name?
- 1913: BMW partially has roots in Rapp Motorenwerke which was founded by Karl Rapp. Headquartered in Munich, Germany, they manufactured aircraft engines.
- 1917: Karl Rapp left Rapp Motorenwerke, who then changed their name to Bayerische (Bavarian) Motoren Werke.
- Bavaria is the federal state that Munich is located in, and it borders Austria and the Czech Republic to the south and the east
- 1917: BMW logo is originally developed and changes little over the years. It honors the blue and white checkered diamond-patterned Bavarian flag.
- BMW AG is the official company that owns BMW. “AG” stands for Aktiengesellschaft, meaning an incorporation owned by shareholders.
Bimmer vs. Beemer: What is the Difference?
If you heard the term “Beemer” or “Bimmer” used around Roslyn, you might already know that someone is talking about a BMW. But what is the difference? These terms can refer to a BMW motorcycle or a BMW automobile. In the U.S., some auto enthusiasts maintain that “Beemer” only refers to motorcycles and “Bimmer” only refers to cars, while in Canada people tend to say “Bimmer” for both motorcycles and cars.
What is the BMW Slogan?
The current BMW slogan “The Ultimate Driving Machine” was marketed in North America starting in 1974. It was replaced briefly in 2010 with the slogan “Joy,” but made its return in 2012.
Experience the BMW Difference at Rallye BMW
Rely on Rallye BMW for more BMW knowledge, including which BMW models are fastest, and even local recommendations for things like winter activities! Experience German engineering in action when you schedule a test drive near Jericho!
More From Rallye BMW
BMW has a comfort access keyless entry system that lets you open the car door and start up your engine without touching the key. All that Syosset drivers need to do is have the key on your person or nearby, and the unique sensors will align and you’ll be able to get your car…
When you’re looking to relax into your Syosset commute with elegant designs and comfortable amenities, you can’t go wrong with the 2022 BMW X5 interior. But what’s inside the 2022 BMW X5 and how much legroom does the 2022 BMW X5 have? Read on with Rallye BMW to take a closer look at the capabilities…
If you’re in the Syosset market for a new X3, and wondering if it can handle pulling your boat or jet skis out to the lake, you might be surprised at how much this luxury SAV can handle. How many pounds can the 2022 BMW X3 tow? It can tow up to 4,400 pounds when properly…