If you are driving around Syosset in your 3 Series or X5 and you notice any BMW dash warning lights pop up, you’ll want to know ahead of time what they mean so you can address the issue properly and know whether you need service. Check out our guide to find out what your BMW dashboard warning lights mean, and be sure to schedule service at Rallye BMW when it’s time to bring your vehicle into a BMW service center near Roslyn.
BMW Dash Warning Lights: Meanings
With a wide range of BMW warning light symbols, knowing which ones are simple fixes and which ones require immediate assistance is essential:
- Empty or Low Fuel: When this lights up, you have about 30 miles before you run out of fuel. Be sure to fill up soon, because driving too long with this light on could damage the fuel system.
- Tire Pressure Monitor: One or more of your tires is underinflated if this light comes on. If the light is yellow, this indicates that the tire pressure is down by about 10%. If the light is red, this is warning you that a tire has lost air rapidly.
- Oil Can: When this light comes on, it’s time to change your oil. Use our oil change coupons and take your vehicle in for service soon to avoid causing engine damage.
- Light Bulb: If you see this symbol on, then external lights may be out or experiencing an issue. Bulbs are typically easy to change if you want to DIY it, but if the warning symbol is still lit after changing the bulb, contact your service center.
- Thermometer: Your engine may be overheating if you see this light come on, which can be dangerous. Safely pull over somewhere and turn off your vehicle to let the engine cool down for a bit. Then take your vehicle to a BMW service center as soon as possible to address the issue.
- Engine: If this warning light flashes or if it stays on, Bring in your car to be serviced immediately. This light indicates an issue with your engine or its components.
- Dynamic Stability Control: When this light comes on it means that the traction control system has been engaged, which will happen if the system detects wheel slippage. If you notice that it stays on for a while after normal driving has resumed, you can take it in to have the warning light reset.
- Service Vehicle: If this light is yellow, it means your BMW will be due for service soon. If you BMW becomes overdue for service the light will turn red.
- Battery: A positive or negative symbol next to a battery box could mean that you need a new BMW battery. Learn how to jumpstart a BMW so you don’t get left stranded.
Complete Your Service Needs at Rallye BMW
If it’s time for vehicle maintenance or repairs in Jericho, schedule service at Rallye BMW, with our BMW-certified technicians. Be sure to contact our BMW service center today if you have any questions about other BMW services, BMW batteries, used car mileage, how many miles tires last, and more.